We had a great turnout for our information & registration session at CoderDojo Athenry on Saturday 28 Sept. We didn’t count the numbers, but we ran out of registration forms after 70 new sign-ups.
If you didn’t get to sign up, don’t worry – the first Saturday that you come along, you can fill out a registration form and jump right in.
If you are already registered from last year, you don’t need to register again.
Here are all the slides from the information session:
- Overview (Michael): CoderDojoAthenry-InfoSession-2012-09-15.pdf
- Scratch Beginners (Martha): CoderDojo_InfoSession_28_9-2013.pdf
- Scratch Advanced (Oliver): YearThreePresentation.pdf
- Python (Declan): Python who and why.pdf
- Claire (HTML): HTML_C_Lally.pdf
- Minecraft Mods (Michael): CoderDojoAthenry-Info-Minecraft.pdf
- Belts (Michael): CoderDojoAthenry-Info-Belts.pdf
As the picture above shows, we are planning 5 topics this season, spread over 4 rooms:
- Scratch Beginners, led by Martha:
- Aimed at the younger ones and those who are new
- They will progress to Scratch Intermediate after a few months
- If possible, download Scratch 2 here before next Saturday: http://scratch.mit.edu/scratch2download/
- Scratch Advanced, led by Oliver:
- Topics will include music, animation, file systems, operating systems, and a programming language
- Aimed at those who have a yellow cert/belt in Scratch
- Python, led by Declan:
- Aimed at those who have Blue belts in Scratch or have being doing HTML and would like to try something different
- Will be mainly command line based to begin, moving to Pygame later
- Will also involve Raspberry Pi and electronics boards
- HTML, led by Claire:
- Create your own webpage
- HTML, images, links, stylesheets
- Minecraft Modding, led by Michael:
- Aimed at the older/more experienced group
- NOT just playing Minecraft or installing other peoples’ mods!
As in previous years, CoderDojo Athenry will be on Saturdays from 12:00 until about 1:30 or 2pm, in Gairmscoil Mhuire VEC school in Athenry, Under 13s must be accompanied.
Please make sure you are on the CoderDojo Athenry mailing list: if you are not receiving weekly email messages from us, then send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you.
See you soon!
Michael and the CoderDojo Athenry mentors.