We are using Microsoft Teams. Each week, we will post links on the CoderDojo Athenry website and Facebook. Here is are the links for 21 November: Information and Links for week 2 | CoderDojo Athenry
When you are using Teams, please keep your microphone off unless you need to ask a question. You can have your webcam on or off, whichever you prefer.
Here are the main buttons you might need:
It is much easier to follow the session if you have two screens, one for the Teams window and one for your own code. Here are two ways to do this:
- If your laptop has a HDMI port, you could connect it to a TV with a HDMI cable, or you could connect a spare computer monitor if you have one. Then press Windows and P, and select Extend. Then you can have different windows in each screen.
- You could use your laptop for your own code, and connect to the Teams session with a separate phone or tablet.
As well as the main mentor leading the Teams session, we have other mentors who can answer your questions at any time.
Either: press the Chat button and type your question
Or: press the Raise Hand button and wait for the mentor
If Chat Does Not Work
If you get an error when you try to press the Chat button, it might be because you are logged into a work or school Teams account that has chat restrictions. If so, here is a solution:
- Press Leave to leave the CoderDojo session
- Sign out of Teams – click on your picture in the top right corner to open a menu, and Sign Out is at the bottom of the menu
- Click on the link to join the CoderDojo session again, and this time join as a guest without logging into your school/work account.