Hello again everyone.
This week we looked at the Adafruit RFM69HCW Radio Module, these modules allow us to send messages between Arduinos without using Wifi or Bluetooth.
Adafruit have a tutorial here on setting up the module. The basic steps are:
- Solder on the header pins.
- Solder antenna or wire cut to the the proper length for the module/frequency
- as our frequency is 433 MHz we cut the wire to 16.5 cm.
- Wire up modules to your Arduinos
- Download the RadioHead library to your Arduino IDE.
- Load the RadioHead69_RawDemo_TX code from this library to the Arduino you’re using to transmit.
- Load the RadioHead69_RawDemo_RX code from this library to the Arduino you’re using to receive.
Next Saturday we will be putting all of the different components from our projects together and testing out how they work.
see you all then.
Declan, Dave and Alaidh