This post is based on these instructions:
The main steps are:
- Edit build.gradle and change the group and archiveBaseName entries
- Run gradlew build
- In the folder build – lib, you will find your Jar file: you can post this on a website for other people to use.
To install Forge if you don’t already have it installed:
- Download it here: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?action=files
- Look for 1.7.2-Recommended and then click on Installer-Win
- Select “Client install”
- You will end up with a new Minecraft profile called Forge
- Select this to run Minecraft with Forge
To install your new mod (or any Forge mod):
- Open Windows Explorer and enter %appdata% as the location
- Open the .minecraft folder and then the lib folder
- Copy your new mod Jar file into lib
Next time you run Minecraft with the Forge profile, you will see your mod.
Previous post: ModderDojo Java Modding 10: A Recipe for Our New Item.