Hi folks, here’s the second part of our spaceship video project, as promised. This is our last official video for the year and I just want to take the opportunity to say thanks for being such a creative and fun group. It’s been a pleasure.
In this video we introduce a few new things:
- Rendering a video instead of a static image
- Using a “follow path” constraint to move an object along a pre-defined path
- Using a “track to” constraint to keep a camera pointing at a target
- The impact of the camera’s focal length
- Importing items from another Blender file
Here are the video instructions, they’re long at about 50mins, so take them in a few sections if you need to:
You’re going to need an image I prepared to texture the warp tunnel, it’s below. Just right-click on it and save it as space.png.
The blend file can be downloaded from here.
Have a lovely summer!