Hi folks and welcome to our new group, Modellers. This year we’re going to be mainly looking at the 3d modelling package Blender Version 2.80.
Blender can be installed from: www.blender.org. Please note that it requires OpenGL Version 3.3 or higher and as a result may not work on some older machines
This week we learned:
- The 3D viewport and moving around in it:
- Middle mouse button: Orbit
- Shift + Middle Mouse Button: Pan
- Scroll Wheel: Zoom
- Selecting objects with the left mouse button
- The toolbar tools for moving, rotating and scaling objects
- Deleting objects with ‘x’
- Adding new mesh objects from the “Objects” menu
- Adding a new material slot and a new material and assigning a colour to it
- Putting the 3D Viewport into “Look Dev” mode so that material colours can be seen
We also gave out copies of a very convenient Blender Infographic which can be found here.