You all did great work on Saturday, there was some quite complex thinking to be done to figure it out but you did great!
- the player picks a level of difficulty and the computer chooses 2 random numbers to add (subtract or multiply- whichever you choose!) together and show the numbers to the player. Fr this we needed 2 SPRITES and 4 VARIABLES called SCORE, LEVEL, NUMBER1 and NUMBER2 as well as 2 BACKDROPS.
- The player then has to enter an answer to the equation and the computer tells them whether they are wrong or right.
- We repeated the ask/answer questions 5 or 10 times. Can you figure out where the REPEAT loop fits?
- We also had a second sprite who reacted positively to correct answers BROADCAST and negatively to wrong answers BROADCAST. You can use whatever sprites you like and change their look whatever way you like. One coder added a puppy as their second and had him bark whenever an answer was correct.
- After all the questions were asked we had the 1st Sprite SAY – Game Over! and BROADCAST Game over so that the backdrop changed and music played. There are two ways to change the backdrop- see below!
Can you improve our game??! Can you figure out how to subtract or multiply instead of add? Can you get the computer to add three numbers together or give the user 3 level options like: easy, medium or hard? The notes for the Maths Game are here: CDA-S9-Week_4_20-MathsGame.pdf
and here is a link to the game
See you all in two weeks, enjoy the mid term break!
Julie, Ruaidhrí, Eoin and Iseult